Vinyl Strap Replacement
- It is necessary to heat the replacement straps before installation.
- Place the straps on a cookie sheet and place in a 200° F oven for 3 to 5 minutes. This will soften the strap and allow for installation. (A microwave oven is not recommended for heating the straps.)
- Wrap the strap around the first side of the tube and insert the push plug into the punched hole as shown in figure (A). Use a hammer to insert the plug.
- Pull the strap across the opposite tube. Hold pressure on the strap against the top of the tube with one hand. This will allow you to wrap the strap around the tube and insert the push plug as shown in figure (B). Once again use a hammer to fully insert the plug.
- If the strap will not stretch adequately, increase the heating period.
NOTE: It is recommended that the installation be performed by two people, one to hold the frame while the other pulls and secures the strap.